Wednesday, June 20, 2007

yoshi the chef?

why not?

http://www.treecafe.com.tw/en/b2.htm

i just have to try the recipe of this man... met him via CS. and though he spent only a few days in Manila, i can say he is truly an interesting guy...

asked me a few questions like...

for a country that speaks English that much... why Philippines stay undeveloped? are the people receiving enough incentives to work hard?

had some interesting statements such as...

i only met successful people here in Manila

the TRAVEL and LIVING show on the cable channel only shows the nice things about traveling... (which i think is quite right)



i remember walking the streets of Malate for the first time (with him) looking for the FRIENDLY's hostel and a place to have some food (and drinks) just to end up in Saguijos. twas also the first time for me to sit and people watch at the Liwasang Bonifacio...

he has been travelling for quite some time and i truly felt the wisdom of this man.... as he said he worked hard in America to afford the tickets coz its his "education".

i think its refreshing to have met him really... read on his note...


I will be going to a changed home in about three weeks. I will still know and recognize people on the streets, they miss me and I miss them. The little changes will be a killer, I believe the trend of the new polished looking businesses that offer a half assed service (food, show, etc.) has continued, and I would love to be proven wrong. My generation has grown older and does not do the things I used to do any more. And I have changed. I do not talk or walk in the same way I used to. It will all go well because I do not have a different country to call home and never will unless there will be a very extreme circumstance (I know of a guy who married a Malaysian wife, and Israel did not let her in. Now he lives in Taiwan). And I will make good out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment